Welcome to the Provider Penalty Tracking Database. This database has been
created to track providers as required by
NC Session Law 2003-294 also known as Senate Bill 926.
This database is not a full listing of available providers of services, but only lists providers who
have violations that have resulted in penalties or serious administrative actions against their
license. This database also includes information concerning Medicaid enrollment restrictions or
terminations for licensed and unlicensed providers. Per requirements of Session Law 2003-294,
the database also tracks owners, principals, or affiliates of the facilities that meet
the law criteria. The types of providers included in this database are listed below.
- State-licensed and unlicensed providers of group homes
- Residential child care facilities
- Child Placing Agencies, Adoption and Family Foster Care (regular as well as therapeutic)
- Supported living
- Child care
- Community-based services or other Medicaid services
- Other providers with violations that have resulted in the administrative actions noted above
The State agencies listed below establish the criteria for the violations and penalties.
- The Division of Health Service Regulation (DHSR)
- The Division of Medical Assistance (DMA)
- The Division of Social Services (DSS)
- The Division of Child Development (DCD)
- The Division of Mental Health, Developmental Disabilities and Substance Abuse Services (MHDDSAS)
Information in the Provider Penalty Tracking Database is updated on a periodic basis; therefore, individuals are encouraged to re-check the database periodically for additions, modifications, and removals. In addition, information in the database should be interpreted carefully and used in conjunction with other sources, as well as communication with the provider in question. For further information you may want to contact the State Agency responsible for enrolling the provider.